Monday, January 12, 2009

Gettin' my Craft on & Vote for Chloe!

I have been a bad blogger lately, totally neglecting to update with posts, pics, etc...
I have finally gotten my act together & have something fun to share today! No-Sew fabric covered accent pillows! A few posts back, I had said that I would be making these beauties with Patty Young's new gorgeous line of fabric: Andalucia! As soon as the girls were back in school last week, I took the fabric (that had been sitting in the closet for a month) & pillows (cheap, purchased at Target) & got started! I was so excited & prayed that I could make pillows that looked half-way decent!
I am so happy with the result & the yummy colors in Patty's delicious fabric were perfect for our brown suede-like couch & overstuffed chair! Instructions below...if you aren't too crafty (like me!), you will love this easy way to punch up your living room, bedroom, etc...I know that you amazing custom designers out there, my pillows probably look a bit pathetic, but for someone who can't sew a button onto a shirt, these suckers look fabulous, LOL! Check out Patty's blog to find out where to buy Andalucia!










On to the second part of my title above...is it really time to vote again already? Well, sort of. My sweet Chloe (age 9, 3rd grade) is participating in her classroom election this year! Sounds like fun right? However, for my ultra-sensitive Chloe, this has proven to be quite a task! She truly wants ALL of the voters in her classroom to love her & will totally stoop to bribing them if necessary! Who do you think she enlisted to help her with this bribery? Me, of course! Below are pics of the cupcakes we (I) made for her to pass out to her class & hopefully impress the heck out of them! Her "running mate" is her sweet friend Katie & they both have a bit of a competitive edge & will cry if they lose...This Mama has her fingers crossed for a solid win for my girl, as I know heartbreak will ensue if she doesn't. Pray for me!!





Pillow Instructions (per Family Circle magazine) ~

*Buy a standard size accent pillow at your local discount store (Target, Walmart)

*Use one yard of your favorite fabric

*Wrap pillow in fabric as you would wrap a gift

*Secure ends with fabric glue or even better; Velcro! If you use Velcro, you can change out the fabric easily

No comments: